Our school meals are provided by Lunchtime Co.
They provide a healthy, balanced meal using 95% locally sourced ingredients. They cater for all diets and our cook is happy to discuss individual requirements with you.
School meals are free for children in Reception, year 1 and year 2 provuded by the Universal Infant Free School Meal (UIFSM) government fund. Children in year 3, 4, 5 and 6 are charged at £2.35 per meal.
If you think your child may be entitled to free school meals please read the following information:
Your child will get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit - but no element of Working Tax Credit - and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (as from 1 April 2018)
- When you apply for free school meals, you will also allow your child's school to receive Pupil Premium, which is extra money to support children from families on lower incomes.
- If your child is in receipt of UIFSM (where your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2), we recommend you apply if you believe you may be eligible for free school meals, because the protection will continue beyond Year 2.